Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New York gun laws, BAM!

For those wondering where I've got the assault rifle description described in "New Yorkers have the right to be oppressed," the answer is the very helpful site of the Ulster County Sheriff's Office.

And for those who'd like to know, here are the gun laws for New York state, courtesy of the NRA-Institute for Legislative Action.

My description, if you noticed, quoted, almost verbatim, that of the document for assault weapons. I added the red color to add, ahem, color to my column (I like red).

New York State Gun Laws



The NRA-Institute for Legislative Action has published a document, "What`s So Scary About Banning Assault Weapons?". (Their answer? Slippery slope).

I was going to make a joke about that. But then I thought it's probably better to avoid making fun of people who are really serious about wanting to have a semiautomatic rifle with a folding telescoping stock and with a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, which also has a flash suppresser, a bayonet mount and a grenade launcher, in red.